Here's a great article by Caroline Coile
Summer is the season most of us look forward to for outdoor activities, but dogs don't do as well in hot weather as people do. Sometimes it's kinder, and far safer, to keep your dog at home. But whatever you do and wherever you go, Caroline’s article expands on these tips:
- Be aware that not all dogs handle heat in the same way.
- Fur coats can be hot.
- Don't exercise your dog when it's warm.
- Keep your dog out of parked cars.
- Be prepared for travel emergencies.
- Provide for comfort at home.
- Cooling a Hot Dog.
- Not All Dogs Can Swim!
- Dogs and UV Rays.